Saturday 28 March 2009

Good Causes...

I wanted to be a part of something global... so I joined in with this Earth Hour thing and turned off my lights. I wasn't really sure what the point of it was, but I went along with it anyway. It's all in the name of fun, I think... Maybe it was in the name of unity, or anti - climate change... I'm guessing it was a good cause of some sort, but like I said, I wasn't sure...

Anyways, Saturdays mean football! And, as usual, I turned up in the stands of my favourite football club, Margate FC... They have been having a horrific season and find themselves 20th of 22 and in the relegation zone of the Ryman Premier League. They gained a vital 3 points in a terrific win, 3-1 being the score. It should have been 4, could have been 5 or 6, but we won, and that's the main thing. That result was of course made so much sweeter by our neighbours Ramsgate dropping to the bottom of the league. A good day for my boys...

But an afternoon of shouting encouragement at a group of young players really takes it of you, and now my throat is sore. But that was all in a good cause too, just like the Earth Hour thing.

Peace and Love
xx

PS - don't foget to turn your clocks forward an hour! I forgot last year, I missed Time Team because of it. I was gutted.

No comments:

Post a Comment