Monday 22 June 2009

Wimbledon!

I'm a massive tennis fan, so this really is my favourite time of the year. In the 43 days from the start of the French Open to the end of Wimbledon, I will have watched 37 days worth of tennis! Awesome!

I am slightly disappointed though. As much as I love Wimbledon, and the organisers of the event, they have made one massive cock up in tomorrow's schedule - they've put Ana Ivanovic's match on Court 4. There's no live video stream from there. How am I supposed to watch her match? At the same time on Court 2, Bobby Reynolds v Gilles Simon will be live on TV. Who wants to watch that? Simon is the most overrated player on the tour.

Anyway, there should be plenty of good matches for me to get stuck into. Most of the 11 British entrants will be on court tomorrow, along with some of the more exciting players, such as Roddick, Hewitt and Del Potro. Should be a good day.

I should give a special mention to Laura Robson, she's only 15 but played brilliantly today. Unfortunately she lost, but she made a great account of herself. She's gonna be a top ten player in a few years time, when she's a bit bigger, a bit stronger, and a lot more experienced. Guarranteed.

Peace and Love
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment